Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hope Deferred


From my lips,
“Hope deferred makes my heart sick.”


Seemingly incongruent,
Yet both hope and despair fill my heart.


I’m so small,
Incapable when seen through my own eyes.


In the delay,
You promise a purpose.


You pause,
Seeking to grow my faith.


My difficulties,
You delight to handling with ease.


Your word assures,
Nothing is impossible with You.


My burdens unbearable,
They are all small to my God.


An answer forthcoming,
Much greater than I can ask or imagine.


by Susan Bunts 9/23/07


As I walked to my car on Wednesday after Bible study I ended my conversation Mike quoting the verse, “Hope deferred makes a heart sick.” - Proverbs 13:12

My heavy is heart and grows weary as prayers seemingly go unanswered. But God had planned a message of hope in Pastor Philip De Courcy’s first sermon at Kindred Community Church.

Many tears were shed as we saw God’s faithful answer to our many prayers for a man of God, faithful to preach His Word. A man who speaks with authority because he speaks the Word of God. Yet humble…ever mindful but there for the grace of God, there go I.

I still wait for an answer to my prayers…and was reminded that there is no better person to put my hope in…Christ Jesus my Lord. To Him who is able to do more than I can even ask or imagine. Nothing, no nothing is impossible with my God. I wait expectantly upon my Lord.

No comments: