Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ode to Robert Goulet


Never would I have guessed,
That I would be so saddened,
To hear of your passing.


It’s been many a year,
Since I’ve heard your voice of gold,
But when I hear it…I am simply transported.


To think of you,
Brings a smile to my face,
Only good memories of laughter and song.


When I hear “If Ever I Would Leave You”,
My heart swells and I once again believe,
In love and happily ever after.


Who among us doesn’t face,
“The Impossible Dream”.
When I hear you…I’m infused with courage to fight the unbeatable foe.


You were most gifted by God,
I pray that your rest is now peaceful and calm,
That in eternity I will hear you sing glorious praise to my Savior.


By Susan Bunts
November 10, 2007


I penned the above poem upon hearing of Robert Goulet’s passing. Of course with the news they played Robert’s music. What a wonderful voice God gifted this man with. Upon hearing…I was reminded of only good memories…laughter and song. I’m saddened to know that another voice has been stilled, but I’m most thankful to still be able to partake of Robert Goulet’s music.






No comments: