Saturday, February 23, 2008

Broken


Am I broken,
Over churches who compromise,
Fail to teach the Word of God?


Am I grieved,
When churches aim to please seekers,
Instead of feeding the flock?


Do I cry,
When my Savior,
Has been made a mockery to an unbelieving world?


Do I sorrow,
Over pastors who seek to entertain,
With feel good messages?


Do I question,
Pastors who desire to grow numbers,
Rather than grow character?


Do I turn off,
Not even listen,
To pastors who dare not utter the word “sinner”?


Am I appalled,
When a pastor changes a hymn,
From “wretch”, to “saved a soul like me”?


Do I tolerate,
The pastor who embraces a Muslim,
And proclaims we that worship the same God?


Do I confront heresy,
When those in the pulpit,
Deny the trinity, the virgin birth, even Jesus Christ our Lord?


Am I embarrassed,
By those who claim to be a “man of God”,
Yet are ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?


Or do I diligently seek,
Listen attentively,
For the Bible, the inerrant Word of God?


Is the Bible my measure,
To discern,
If one is truly in the faith?


Do I thank God,
Fall upon my knees,
For the uncompromised preaching of the Word of God?


Do I allow,
The full counsel of His Word,
To rebuke, correct, instruct me in righteousness?


Am I overcome,
With gratitude…do I loudly proclaim,
I am a sinner, saved by grace, not of works, least I boast?


By Susan Bunts
February 17, 2008

No comments: