Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Clock is Ticking


The clock on the wall is ticking,
In between the tick, tick, tick,
Only silence fills the room.


Before me lies one,
For whom I have prayed untold times,
Seeking his salvation before the throne of God.


His breathing is now labored,
Consciousness is fading,
Dare I plead one more time Lord?


Only You oh Lord,
Know the day and the hour,
When the beating of his heart will cease.


That moment when his fate will be sealed,
When the time to repent will have passed,
Entering that place where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.


But Lord, You tell me,
That today is the day of salvation,
That You desire for all to come to repentance.


So I pray oh Lord,
That You might move in his heart,
Enable him, even now...to hear the Gospel and respond.


Give me the words,
To tell him,
That all have sinned and fallen short.


That our sin debt,
Was paid in full,
Through Jesus Christ our Lord.


That if he will confess with his mouth,
Believe in his heart,
That Jesus Christ is Lord...he will be saved.


Before the night is over,
I pray that his name will be written,
In the Lamb’s Book of Life.


Susan Bunts
March 16, 2008

This poem is dedicated to those who bear the heavy burden of unsaved loved ones. Keep praying! Our hope is in Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

No comments: