Saturday, July 05, 2008

Eternal Destiny


Dare I take comfort in the thought,
That my loved one is no longer suffering?
When in fact, an unbeliever who perishes without Christ,
Has just begun to suffer and now knows the truth of eternal punishment.


Dare I take comfort in the calm assurance,
From a man who calls himself “Pastor”?
But one who fails to proclaim Jesus Christ and Him crucified,
As the only way to salvation.


Dare I take comfort in the platitudes offered,
By those who ignorantly believe that being “spiritual” saves us?
Saves us from what?
Condemnation from a holy, righteous, just God who was offended by our sin?


Dare I believe that I will live on in the memories of others?
What happens when they perish?
Or is it then that I perish...when no one remains who knew me?
When there is no one who was once touched and influenced by me?


Dare I serve a god,
Made of my own making...a god made in my own image?
A hodge podge of my own choosing...taking only what I like,
Selecting that which makes me feel comfortable and good about myself?


Or dare I believe that there is but One God?
One Mediator between God and man.
One Savior, Christ Jesus, whose blood was shed on the cross,
Who for once, for all...paid my sin debt in full.


Dare I acknowledge my sin?
Receive forgiveness through God’s only Son?
Dare I repent and loudly proclaim to a world lost in their sin,
Jesus Christ...salvation is found only in Him!


By Susan Bunts
July 5, 2008


Dedicated to those who are perishing in their sin...who have yet to receive Jesus Christ and Him crucified, His death on the cross as payment in full, covering their sin. Dedicated to those who call themselves pastor, but who do not know that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life...thus they can not boldly proclaim Jesus Christ and Him crucified. It is my prayer that one day your name will be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life and that you will not take or offer false comfort when someone dies without Christ. That instead it will become your life long mission to preach Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world.

No comments: