Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Willing?



Am I willing to live a life
That will glorify God

To accept a delay
Or even “no” to a lifelong dream

Am I prepared to endure the pain
When answers and relief are not forthcoming

Am I willing to trust God
When my life doesn’t make sense

Am I willing to praise His Name
When my circumstances are bleak

Am I willing to persevere in prayer
When God remains silent

Am I willing to cling to Him
When all around me falls away

Am I willing to believe that God is good
When God permits the enemy to attack me

Am I willing to be a blessing to others
When I’m not feeling blessed by God

Am I willing to walk by faith
When sight walking would cause me to doubt God

Am I willing to recognize God’s hand upon me
Not attribute success to my own human efforts

Am I willing to wait upon the Lord
Not proceed according to my will and plans

Am I willing to remember that He is more than able
Not manipulate circumstances to have my way

Am I willing to forgive
The one intentionally hurt me

Am I willing to pray for salvation and forgiveness
Not just for the nice unsaved person…but for my enemy too

Am I willing to remember there is only one true enemy
The one who seeks to kill, steal and destroy

Am I willing to see with the eyes of love
Hope and believe all things rather than believe a bad report


By Susan Bunts Wachtel
December 29, 2008

No comments: