Thursday, February 04, 2010

Hair Dryer Revelations



 

As I started my day I was overwhelmed
Feeling defeated by the mountain of responsibility that stood before me
Downcast at the prospect of walking through a dark valley
While drying my hair…God met me in my weakness

God assured me that He did not bring me to this mountain
So that I would be overwhelmed by my inability
But so He might come alongside me
Walk with me and strengthen me so that I can overcome by His power

God did not bring me to the valley
That I might be overwhelmed with despair
But that He would meet me there
Walk with me and bring me through the valley in His presence

Oh Lord, may I hold fast to You and remember
You are well able to handle all that concerns me today
May I find encouragement when facing a mountain or valley
Know with certainty that You are with me and will bring me through


Susan Bunts Wachtel
February 3, 2010
 

No comments: