Friday, July 02, 2010

Death



The inescapable reality of death surrounds me
When tempted to ponder why bad things happen to good people
I am reminded…all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God
 
Genesis 3:6...sin entered the world
Along with it…death
The track record is impressive…100%
 
Am I ready to I stand before God
Have my sins been covered by the blood of the Lamb
Have my sins been removed as far as the east is from the west
 
Or will I choose to given an account for my sins
Plead my case
Though I’m not perfect, surely I’m not as bad as some
 
Does God have a perfect standard or does he grade on the curve
Will He look on my outside appearance
Or will He examine the inward thoughts and intention of my heart
 
While I’ve never committed murder or adultery
In my heart I’ve hated my brother and lusted after another’s spouse
In me lies no good thing
 
I have put others before You Lord
Raised up idols disguised as wants and needs
Cursed You or casually tossed around Your name
 
Oh Lord, I am undone
At the thought of standing before the Holy & Righteous One
My lips will plead, “Guilty”
 
But in Christ I have an Advocate
My Defender will stand beside me
He will plead my case
 
“Father, she’s been redeemed
My blood was shed on Calvary for her
Her sins are covered and she’s been set free
 
My sin debt has been marked “Paid in Full”
The Father now sees me clothed in the righteousness of Christ
He will remember my sins no more
 
 
Susan Bunts Wachtel
July 2, 2010

No comments: