Saturday, November 10, 2012

In the Quiet of Early Morn




It’s in the quiet of early morn
I seek the Lord

Though others are fast asleep
The sun has yet to kiss the dawn

I meet with You
Before my day begins

I read from Your Word
You give me fresh eyes to see it anew

Scriptures I’ve read a dozen times before
Leap off the page and capture my attention

You give me wise counsel
For the day ahead

You are not a distant faraway God
But my loving Father who keeps His eye upon me

It’s in the quiet of early morn
I meet with my Heavenly Father above


By Susan Wachtel
November 11, 2012


If you would like to participate in Lisa-Jo Baker’s Five Minute Friday Challenge head over to her website “Tales from a Gypsy Mama”.  Be sure to read some of the entries from other writers.  I can promise you that you will be blessed.

No comments: