Saturday, April 20, 2013

Five Minute Friday – Incline my Ear



Though the flood waters rise

Threaten to overtake me



Darkness of night descends

Dawn of morning light seems so very far away



I will incline my ear to hear

The Lord is singing over me



My heart will be strengthened and encouraged

I will rejoice in the Lord my God



Though obstacles surround me

I will dare to jump over them



Confident and sure

For nothing is too hard for the Lord



Though all come against me

I will remain steadfast in God’s firm foundation



When I feel all alone

And none go with me



I will incline my ear to hear

The Lord singing over me in His loving-kindness





Susan Wachtel

April 20, 2013




The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17



The Lord will command His loving-kindness in the daytime,
And in the night His song shall be with me—
A prayer to the God of my life.

Psalm 42:8



It’s another Saturday morn and I participating in Lisa-Jo Baker’s Five Minute Friday writing challenge.  Head over to her website “Lisa Jo Baker Tales from a Gypsy Mama”.  Be sure to read some of the entries from other writers.  I can promise you that you will be blessed.


No comments: