Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hide & Seek



There are days when the Lord seems

        Distant and far away

                        Silent

                                His presence veiled



When I recognize that feeling, it causes me to

        Examine myself

                See if there is unconfessed sin

                        Hindering, impacting my relationship



Have I let the noise of this present world

        Drown out God’s still small voice



Am I distracted by

        What I can see and hear

                Ignoring that which is apprehended by faith



Have I put other things

        Ahead of God and His Word

                Set aside the eternal

                        For that which is passing away



Lord, Your Word assures me

        You will never leave nor forsake me

                Never abandon me

                        You are ever present



When I feel You are not near

        May I pursue You diligently

                Seek You while You may be found



By Susan Wachtel

November 30, 2013


No comments: