Friday, June 09, 2017

Steadfast Faith














Lord grant me a faith
That remains steadfast in the face of trials
Faith that does not wither or fade
But one that looks beyond this present trial
To find joy in the greater work You will accomplish
Mature and grow my faith and trust in You

When I don’t know what to do or what step to take
In faith, let wisdom be my plea
Instead of deliverance from this trial
May I ask with confidence
Knowing that God who is all wise
Gives wisdom generously to those who ask in faith

Let me not doubt You
Or turn back, only to resort to my own sinful ways
Like Christ, give me a single-minded focus
Be not double-minded and tossed around like a wave
Driven by the wind of this stormy trial
But firmly believe God as revealed in Scripture

May I trust God with confidence and unquenchable faith
Know there is a crown of life that awaits me
All because Christ bore a crown of thorns
Was crucified and died for my sin
The One who rose victorious
Will help me steadfastly persevere under trials


By Susan Wachtel

June 9, 2017

No comments: