Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Broken Lives & Tender Hearts


Was it just last week,
Here in this place,
I was overcome with tears,
Bearing a burden,
Much too heavy for me alone.


I cried out,
I beseeched Thee,
Oh Lord,
What are You doing through this?
Can anything good come from it?


I can’t go on,
With my life as it is,
Alone,
I pled…please take this from me,
Or take me home.


But today…You have shown me,
How You can use even this for good,
A heart that’s been tendered,
Is one able to reach out to others,
With compassion and my Savior’s love.


Strength and wisdom found in Christ alone,
You bid me to step out in faith,
Turn hurt and pain into healing,
As we take up one another’s burdens,
And lift them up to the Lord.


When I weep,
May I weep for another,
When I am weak,
May I find strength,
In helping another carry their burden.


by Susan Bunts
October 28, 2007

No comments: