Friday, October 12, 2007

Finish Strong


Dear Chuck,
As I pause and reflect,
On the eve of the installation of our new Pastor,
Your passing seems all the more final.

But let me assure you,
Not day goes by,
In which I don’t feel the influence,
Of God’s humble servant.


God used you,
Your fiery passion,
To awaken and grow a love,
Even a longing for His Holy Word.


To this day…I still listen to your sermons,
All the while finding the Holy Spirit,
Guiding, correcting and convicting me of sin,
Through the power of God’s Word.


So many churches,
Have forsaken,
Turned their backs,
On the truth of God’s Word.


Praise God…and Him only,
For Kindred will not go down that road,
He has prepared another faithful servant,
Able, most willing to preach the full counsel of God’s Word.


I still delight at handing out your messages,
Knowing firsthand that God will touch hearts,
Those whose circumstances are most desperate,
Bring comfort and strength as they depend on my Lord.


I think of you often,
Thank my God daily,
For messages delivered through His faithful servants,
God's call…to run the race well and finish strong.


by Susan Bunts
October 12, 2007

No comments: