Saturday, November 08, 2008

A Different Way



My heart is sad today

For God is calling my friend

To go a different way



Over the years

My dear sister in Christ

Stood with me through many trials and tears



Each of us had our own burden to bear

But it always seemed a little lighter

When we had someone to share it with



Between us we saw

Divorce and the challenges of single parenthood

Endless singlehood…and bearing the load of a sick parent



Through it all

We stood by one another

Lifting each other in prayer



Through it all

We saw the faithfulness of our God

Who never left us, nor forsook us



Our Lord delivered us

He brought love into our lives

And turned our burdens into joy



It is our God

To whom I commit you my friend

Knowing with confidence that He will bring you through



It is my prayer

That He will draw you close

Comfort you with the love of a Father



He will be your strength when you are weak

Your Light when your days are dark

You will find Him sufficient for your every need



God has gifted you in so many ways

I am excited to see how

He will guide and direct you



Allow those gifts

To be used

To bring Your Father in heaven much glory



I take the sadness in my heart

As a reminder

Of one I’ve been privileged to call friend



It’s a good kind of hurt that’s my heart feels today

A reminder of the love for a dear friend

Who has now been called to go a different way



Susan Bunts Wachtel

November 7, 2008



For Andrea…you will be missed

No comments: