Saturday, January 24, 2009

There Must Be A Rainbow



I look up

Find the sky is filled with rain clouds

As far as my eye can see


Overhead dark threatening clouds

Large rain drops start to fall

I’d best take cover


But my eyes are fixed

On the strange golden glow

Surrounding those once ominous clouds


The glow of the sun

Cannot be hid

By even the fiercest storm


I begin to search the sky

For when the sun appears in the midst of the storm

My heart tells me…there must be a rainbow up there somewhere


By Susan Bunts Wachtel

January 23, 2009


Dedicated to my husband, Chris Wachtel. Through the stormy, cloudy times…may we always have hope and look expectantly for the rainbow. Not looking for a sign like a wicked generation, but one who is assured that God is with us, knowing He is faithful and true. Confident that He will deliver us in His time, according to His perfect plan.


Yesterday when leaving work the sky was filled with rain clouds...but there was a beautiful golden glow. I looked up and just knew that up there, somewhere, there was a rainbow.


No comments: