Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Bridegroom





Just as the bride waits and longs for
The Bridegroom’s soon return
So my soul longs for You oh Lord
 
Surely, You’ll return any day now
You’ve been gone nearly 2,000 years
Preparing a place for me
 
With each passing day, I long to be in Your presence
Not to escape the un-pleasantries of life
But to behold You in Your glory
 
Thank You for all You’ve given me this side of heaven
For entrusting me to care for Your people and creation
But this place is not my home
 
My prayers for salvation for those who don’t know You
Grow more intense with each passing day
That they might be spared the pain and judgment to come

Oh Lord, when You come to take me to home
May I be found faithful to the end
Looking up…waiting for Your soon return
 
 
Susan Bunts Wachtel
December 30, 2009

No comments: