Thursday, August 05, 2010

At a Distance



If feel a distance
A wall
Only silence
 
I know from Your word
You will never leave
Nor forsake me
 
Why then
Oh why
Can’t I feel Your presence
 
Is there sin in my life
Un-confessed
Without repentance
 
Have I failed to obey You
Put other gods before You
Do I have a haughty spirit
 
I feel as if I’m in a fog
Somewhere beyond the misty clouds
You are there
 
Like the sun
Piercing  through a fog bank
I long to feel Your presence
 
 
By Susan Bunts Wachtel
August 4, 2010
 
 
Do you ever go through times…where you just don’t feel God’s presence?
 
That’s what I’ve been feeling for a little over a week and I’m not sure why?  I know with absolute confidence that God is with me.  He has promised to never leave nor forsake me.  To quote the Psalmist, “If I make my bed in hell, Thou art there.” 
 
While I wait to feel God’s presence once again, I examine myself…to see if there is anything in my thoughts, attitude or actions that are sinful and displeasing to the Lord.  Something that has caused a break in fellowship.  At times like this…I so long for and desire His presence.  He is my life and my joy.

No comments: