Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving….Much Better Than I Deserve




I would be remiss
If I failed to bow my head and give thanks
For the many blessing
From my heavenly Father above

First and foremost
Salvation found in Christ Jesus alone
For His sacrificial atoning death on the cross
So that my sins, which are many, are forgiven in full

For the Holy Spirit
Who dwells within me
For His comfort and conviction
Daily sanctifying and cleansing me

The Bible
The very Word of God
Solid truth in a world filled with lies and deception
A light unto my path in a very dark world

The Father’s plan of redemption
Put in place before the foundations of the earth were laid
My loving Father is looking and waiting, arms open wide
For this prodigal to come to her senses and return home

I am included in the body of Christ
Called to a church named Kindred
Surrounded by those who faithfully serve
Motivated out of love and obedience to Christ the Risen Lord

For a country founded with a purpose
A place where we might be free
A foundation built on principals
Inalienable rights granted by our Creator

Abundant blessings flow
From the Father’s hand
I can truly say
I’m doing much better than I deserve

My husband Chris
The one for whom I prayed many years
He loves the Lord with all his heart
By God’s grace he just happens to love me too

A home we call our own
With much more than I can ask or imagine
A fireplace to sit by on a cool autumn evening
A backyard, my retreat to enjoy God’s creation

Family and friends make each day richer
Filled with grace, mercy and love
They share in the laughter and joy of the moment
Then come alongside to help lift the burden of a heavy load

Work…a means by which God provides
A place to use the skills, talents and abilities
Gainful employment means much more these days
When so many are still seeking a job

This is just a start
Of the many things for which I give thanks
You can truly see
I am blessed far beyond that which I deserve


Susan Bunts Wachtel
November 25, 2009

No comments: